nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hasn't a lot happened

I was going to post yesterday, honest. In fact I had a post half written out, but then I knocked my laptop and the power cord came out, the whole thing died on me and I didn't really have the heart to continue. So, hear is the news in the b^3 house hold.

Mr b^3 got a job!!! (I don't usually use mulitple exclamation points, but this deserved it.) He starts this morning working for a smallish not-for-profit biology research company as a Java development intern. We are almost done with Centrelink, thank God. The funny thing is that he will still get a little of his last payment, whereas I won't get anymore Youth allowance, all because of his salary and the funny way that being partnered and Centrelink interact. Not that Centrelink hasn't been good to us, we'd have never both been able to get through uni without it, but it is nice to leave it and all the paperwork, behind.

The other big news is that we went to the OB yesterday and now have a diagnosis of first degree infertiliy and a cartload of tests to get done before our next appointment in six weeks.
It feels so, so good to finally get started on all of these. Who knows, maybe something will happen.

It's been funny, I feel like I've spent the whole summer, just waiting, wishing the weeks by. I was looking foward to our appointment more than Christmas and waiting and hoping for Mr b^3 to get a job, and soon. Now it's all happened in the same week and the summer is almost over. Uni goes back on the 20th, but this year looks like fun.

In knitting news, I got the main body of the sideways spencer done yesterday.
The red bit there is my row counter. I've never heard of anyone else doing it, but I keep track of row numbers by laceing a piece of ribbon through my knitting as I go, then pulling it out when I'm done. It's a very easy and imediate way of keeping track of where you're up to.

This is a close up of the cables and waves pattern that the spencer has all over it. Someday I will learn a way to make left leaning decreases look as neat as right leaning k2tog. Now there are only about a million miles of ribbing left to do then it's done.

Maybe I can rationalise my number of projects on the go at once as
  • a jumper (currently sideways spencer)
  • a childs garment (currently the pointless girls cabled cardigan)
  • a pair of socks
  • ever present booties
See, I can always cast on a new project, so long as it is of a different catagory as the ones I already have!

As the spencer nears completeion, I think I might make a jumper for Mr b^3. After two years of marriage, I think we might have been together long enough to avoid the sweater curse. Not to mention, how hard could it be to make a close fitting jumper for a man with a 90cm chest?

I think thats it, so I'll end here.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go Mr b^3! I'm really glad to hear he has the job. And finally some progress on the baby front. I hope they can figure out what is going on for you guys.

    See you sunday :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home