nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bits, bobs and sub-fertility

I shall now make excuses for not writing an entry for more than a week. Mr b^3 has been home every day and making it hard for me to get to the computer. I don't like writing my entries with anyone around, which is strange seeing as I'm putting it all up on the internet where anyone can read it.

So, things that have happened. The big one was that Mr b^3 graduated! He is now finished with university for a while and can go and get a proper job to keep me in the lifestyle to which I would like to become acustomed. On that front he had a second interview for a company he would really, really like to work for yesterday and we'll know by Christmas if he's got it or not. The job would mean him spending a fair amount of time in Sydney (three hours by car/bus away) but, considering that some of the government jobs he was going for would put him in woop-woop, Queensland for months on end, Sydney isn't half so bad.
I've applied for a new job as a library clerk at uni. All I've heard back is that my application has been passed on to the selection group. The job doesn't start till late Feburary so I don't think their in a real rush to get through the selection process.

I've just completed my 11th cycle since I came off the pill, so only one more cycle until we are officially sub-fertile. I'm oddly looking foward to that. We've had a pretty good idea that something is wrong for about 3 months so getting to the point at which it's official and we can start to do something about it will feel like moving foward again.

One last point for knitting content. I thought I'd been good and finished all of my Christmas knitting a week early. I then, full of confidence, agreed to make a tiny lace cardigan for my sister. "How hard," I thought, "could it be to make something that starts at the underarms, doesn't have to meet at the front and is made on 6mm needles?" Turns out, harder or more properly, more boring than I thought. but she's going away for a week over Christmas, so she can have it when she gets back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home