nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Learning Patience

When I said that I was going to write about my knitting here it was true, but I actually want to talk about me and my life here, as well as my knitting. Over the summer, there is going to be more me and less knitting, because I don't knit much when it's hot and uni's out.
A friend had her baby yesterday. A girl, 4kg, back at home same day as the birth. My first reaction was 'that's wonderful and exciting and brilliant for them.' After that though I found myself getting a bit upset that it wasn't me, which really surprised me. I thought I was getting on with the whole patience thing. But we've been trying for almost 10 months now, December would have been the earliest due date for me. Now I'm here and there's no sign of a baby. We're not quite up to a year of trying yet, that will come in February, but my families history would tend to indicate that it shouldn't be taking this long. Now I've got a whole summer of could have beens to face because I've almost certain that we're going to make it to February with no baby, just more cycles of trying. On the upside though I've already got an OB's appointment booked for February so at least that's something to look forward to. And if I do get pregnant between now and then, brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home