nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Mostly knitting

As a bit of a change from me banging on about my uterus, and given that this is nellieknits, I thought I'd give a round up of current projects, most of which are knitting.


This is one and a bit of my first pair of self stripping socks. I had been lusting after this yarn for ages, and managed to get some when my sister went to the US last year. The yarn is knitpicks simple stripes in crayon. The pattern is from The knitters handy book of patterns, a book that rocks. This is a cross stitch that I started in December because it was far to hot to knit. $5 from lincraft, but lots of itty bitty flowers.
About a year ago I bought about a kilo of purple wool from the Knitting yarn shop's seconds. It's nice yarn, but there's a kilo of it. So I started making a crotched blanket with every square different, I think I've only got another three to go and I'll declare it done. I'm going to have to block these before seaming it, I've never, ever blocked anything before, so that should be fun.
This is a close up of one of my favourites.
Of the same purple wool, this is a cabled cardigan for a two year old girl. I got it mostly finished, only part of one sleeve to go. I stopped it when I thought that making a girls cardigan when I don't know any small girls. L has had a baby girl so maybe I will get back to it and give it to her.


That would be about it for current works in progress, except of course those already listed below and my ever current booties.
Now I have to get to work.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Nellie!

    I'm loving those strippy socks. I can't wait to start mine but I have made a deal with myself that I won't buy the needles until I have a finished the introduction to my thesis. Starting the socks will be my reward, even if it might be a month or more away :/

    Keep on posting :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home