nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Slowly getting somewhere.

Um, it's been a while hasn't it?
First things, I don't particularly like Canberra in the summer, not when we get 35+ degree days on a regular basis. For me, above 28 is hot. New Years day was a scorcher, 47 degrees, but we were fortunatly at Mr b^3 parents place up the coast and they have air-conditioning. Even still, it was about 33 degrees in the house. A side result of this was that we had to stay an extra day and I couldn't go to work that Monday because a bushfire cut off the freeway home. This was kind of a good thing, I didn't really want to go to work that day anyway.
For the third year running, got too tired and went to bed well before mid-night new years eve. Maybe my sister is right and we are middle aged, at the heady hights of 22!
My parents came over for dinner about a week ago because we missed my step-dad's birthday. The look on my mothers face when I cheerfully anounced that it was only about 2 weeks to go and we were officially sub-fertile was priceless. "Oh good, they're not having a baby yet, but bad, something is wrong, but good, no baby yet, but bad, something wrong..." Mr b^3 and I having a baby is not something that she was or is, particularly keen on.
So, sometime this week, if my calculations are correct, I will hit CD1 for my 13th cycle off the pill and it will be official. Twelve cycles with nadda means something is wrong and I can merrily skip off to see the OB in three weeks to find out what is wrong. I've really known that something wasn't working since about October, so it's nice to get all this waiting over and done with.
For myself, I don't think I'm doing to badly. I realise now that it probably will take some intervention for me to get pregnant, so the end of each cycle doesn't get me hopeful, then depressed when it hasn't worked, like I was about 6 months ago. The only bad bits are when friends and people I know announce they're pregnant or are going to start trying. That can get me down. Sometimes all I can do is hope and pray for them, that they will be alright.
But I will cheer up and think, "only three weeks more, and we can start to get some answers!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home