nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

We went to see the OB

Sorry for not posting earlier, I was still feeling sick all week.
We went and had our next appointment with the OB on Tuesday, and the result is that I'm hormonally fine, I "ovulate beautifully" I think was the term she used. This rules out a pet theory of mine that the reason I wasn't getting pregnant was that I am conceiving, but miscarring due to not enough progestorone, hence explaining why I get sick. It seems that I actually have plenty of progestorone to go round and it might be this abundance of it that makes me sick. I was activly retching everday from Monday last week to yesterday, which was really weird, seeing how my cycle ended on Friday, cramps and nausea are not a lot of fun. My FSH was 8, a bit on the high side of very good, but at least I'm not exactly headed into early menopause. Mr b^3's results hadn't come in yet because we didn't realise that it would take two weeks to get them and had scheduled his test four days before the appointment.

So, where does all that leave us? If Mr b^3 passes his test and is all fine, then we are left with thus far unexplained infertility and I get to have a laproscopy to take a look at the cyst on my left ovary and check for endometriosis and my tubal patency while we're at it. The Dr doesn't think that the cyst is impairing our fertility at all, but it's a bit of a puzzle and won't fit into any nice catagory. Course of action after that might be a couple of rounds of IUI, but given the cost and the likly success rate for unexplained infertility, I think I might prefer to go spend the money on a hundred OPK's and give it another go ourselves for a bit. If mr b^3 fails the test and is producing zip, then it's game over and we go spend money on counciling and traveling the world. If the results of the test arn't good (i.e. a count below about 5 million) then we go straight to IVF and I get to skip the laproscopy, as the condition of my fallopian tubes isn't important for IVF. The Dr is going to call sometime in the next week to tell us where we're at and what we need to do next.
I not feeling sick this morning, thank God, but now I have a lecture to go to.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh boy, two steps forward, one step back. I am wishing you lots of patience in figuring out what is going on for you guys.

    See you sunday for knitting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home