nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Spreading the word

You know how I said, Wednesday's will be for blogging? Forget it. I now have a solid block of classes in the morning before running off to work for the rest of the day. I may fit in a regular block on Fridays to attend to the blog, which will explain perfectly why I'm writing this on a Thursday.

This morning I got out my knitting on the bus because I couldn't sit next to Mr B^3 and I'd forgotten to refill my shuffle. The woman I was sitting next seemed to be taking great interest in the tiny sock I was working on (with my new Addi turbos!). She couldn't knit but had seen her mother-in-law from Croatia knit socks and had always wanted to learn. I didn't exactly have the time to teach her on the bus, but I did get to tell her about all of the knitting resources on the internet, in particular knitting about.com which I don't tend to visit very much anymore but it has lots of instructions with pictures and free patterns. I found it a useful site when I was first getting back into knitting 5 years ago.


Did I mention my new addi turbos? They are so worth the lightsabre noise that Brenda at cast on uses. I even managed to buy them from an Australian store. Two circ sock knitting is so much easier with these things. Well worth three weeks pocket money. (Yes, I get pocket money to spend on knitting things. Mr b^3 gets pocket money to, to spend on the computer and me. Yes, I think this is totaly fair.)

Lookit, lookit, almost a whole post about knitting with nary a word said about the state of my uterus. Don't hold your breath though, I'll get back to that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home