nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

And the winner is...

Actually a blend of two options I listed last week. Mr b^3 results came in on Tuesday, (yes I know I should have informed the world immediatly, but I had an essay to write) and to quote the Dr, it's "not quite what they should be for someone his age." i.e. we have male factor infertility. One of my goals for the year has been to get an answer for why we haven't got a baby yet. Now we have and answer and its only March. One of my biggest fears going into all this testing was that we would come back with unexplained infertility. The idea of not knowing the answer was something my little investigative, scientist heart quailed at.
So, what we do now is, I still get to have the laproscopy and then we'll go for a couple of rounds of IUI which should bring our per cycle chances of conceiving up a fair way from where they are now. We don't have the actual numbers yet for most of the tests but I'll get them off the Dr when I see her next week. We want them to do a bit of our own lit. review to get a feel for what we're doing and where we're going. I have access to an academic medical library and I'm not afraid to use it!
Actually reviewing journal papers at uni for infertility stuff has proved a bit productive. For one of my courses I have to pick a scientific paper that uses computer modeling in it and then try to replicate the computer model myself. I found a great paper describing in exact detail how some scientists modeled womens fertility rates as they aged that will be perfect.
I think that is it, talk to you next week.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay an answer! Am I right in thinking this is one of the better options if things are not working properly?

    I hope we shall soon hear of success on the pregnancy front for you guys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home