nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Hope fairy

Today is CD30. I might be about 2 days overdue. I myself have no illusion that I may be pregnant but my hope fairy is being a bitch. To try and get her to see sense, I thought I'd relay a conversation with her to you.

Hope Fairy: "You know that your cycles shouldn't be this long at this time of year, maybe this time it's worked, just think a baby at the end of the summer! "(squeals with delight)
Me: "This has happened before, remember last October when I felt so sick, I even told some of my friends that I thought it might be and I went tripping through the shopping centre thinking, this is it, one whole day late, only to be shot down only 2 hours later. Or perhaps last December when we made all the way to CD31 and you were busy planning how to anounce the pregnancy to the family over Christmas. That one didn't work out either. Shut up already."
HF : "Maybe, but you don't tend to get cycles this long at this time of year, and you've got new symptoms."
Me : "But the doctor said that the next cycle after the surgery might be a bit different, longer is still different, next cycle will be back down to 27 days, you'll see. Anyway, I didn't really pay attention to things, I probably just ovulated late, surgery can do that to a girl."
HF : "But when you told the doctor that you were just begining the next cycle, she said that maybe things won't change. Maybe you just had a little bit of a blockage in your tubes and the dye study cleared things, then you really could be pregnant."
Me : "Excuse me, did you even see the test results we got back? It's not a problem that will go away with my tubes being a bit clearer."

And so it goes. The hope fairy has been a bit quieter lately, I thought I'd had her beat and I could get on with planning my life in a rational manner, but apparently she was just biding her time until there was a big enough opening to slip through

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home