nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Monday, May 15, 2006

All clear

So, I had surgery last Friday. It is now Monday and I only mildly feel like death, but I have managed to make it to uni today. The result of the surgery is that I'm all fine. No endo, both tubes are clear and the cyst I had was actually on my fallopian tube which is even less of a deal than have one on my ovary. So I'm all right and tight and now we get to move on to the next stage - treatment. We'll go in for another appointment with Dr D in about six weeks to discuss were we go from here.
As for the actual experiance itself, did you know that the womens health unit is also the maternity ward? I didn't. So I spent my time in a room that was clearly meant for a mother and newborn (sink shaped like a bath for someone about 50cm high, breastfeeding poster next to the loo, comfy chair with a stool next to the bed, you get the picture). It was all a bit depressing at first, me the infertile, in the maternity ward with tired women walking the hall with tiny, tiny newborn babies that cried and made themselves heard. I had a bit of a cry Friday night that it wasn't fair, and that I should be there to have a baby, not for surgery to see why I'm not. The nurse I had that night was really nice about it and mentioned that she had had two daughters through IVF and had worked on the ward as a midwife the whole time. She said that she coped with it because she knew that some of the women giving birth there had been through the same thing, and now they were having their babies, and it gave her hope. So I kind of took it as a test run of the ward and that I was there to get us closer to having our child/ren. Next time I'm there hopefully I'll be using the room for it's intended purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home