nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Well, whats happened since we last talked. I know, Finland won Eurovision, yay. I watched that instead of the Nine 'Great Escape' interviews which were on at the same time. I didn't even realise until it was splashed about in the papers the next day about how Nine had basicly paid a dollar per viewer to get it.

I'm back onto thinking that I might actually graduate this year. If not exactly going well, I'm at least not drowning as the end of semester nears. It makes a pleasent change from years gone by, when by this point I'm trying to be realistic, and figure out where I can go from there.

Last weekend, instead of meeting up at a cafe like we usually do, my knitting group ventured out to the bus depot markets who's theme for the week seemed to be something like textiles and yarn. Heaven help us if we ever get anywhere near an actual sheep and wool festival. Great restraint was shown by those of us with tight pockets and I might have gotten out of their with only one skein of green 4 ply which was selling for half price, but then we saw lace weight. We had never, ever seen lace weight before in Canberra (in fact I'd never seen it before at all) and it was right there, and merino and soft and there was so much of it and we really never ment to buy it, in fact we managed to walk away from the stall. But then we decided that we had to get the card of the stall holder, just so we could get some later, when our pockets were a bit looser. Then though, we saw it again and before you know it, debit cards are out and staranise and I were each the proud owners of 1.5kms of lace weight yarn. I think we're going to have the worlds longest knit along, trying to make wedding ring shawls for our daughters (or daughters-in-law, neither of us has kids yet).
This is our group afterward, when we'd all had a cup of tea. I'm the one on the right and staranise is in the middle, Jeffie is on the left, holding her purchases, she doesn't have a blog as far as I know, but is fun to be around anyway.

Probably should leave it here, West wing is on tonigh, got to love the ABC showing two episodes at a time, and at a reasonable hour to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home