nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Small scare

I had some light spotting yesterday morning, almost so light that so as to not be noticable. This normally wouldn't concern me at all, I'd go, "thats a bit weird" and then get on with my life. In my current pregnant state it prompted a freakout with calling the medical help line and getting an emergency appointment at my GP's. It really brought home to me that we are in no way out of the woods yet, in fact, we can't even see the sunlight, the tree's are too thick. As a happy coincedence though, I had scheduled an ultrasound for yesterday morning which showed this -



The baby is real! and has a heart beat! so totally yay. The embryo is the bit between the two cross hairs, the round thing at the end is the yolk sac, not the head. I totally get now why it's called a fetal pole, that's just what it looks like, a longish thing. The ultrasound tech said that she couldn't find any bleeding anywhere inside and the spotting has stopped but I'm keeping off my feet for the next day or so and not working next week, just to be on the safe side. Keeping off my feet including cuddling up in a sleeping bag on the futon catching up on pod casts, which I probably should get back to. But lookit, real evidence of a baby!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww! I'm so glad to see things are going well, sweety.

     
  • At 9:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww! I'm so glad to see things are going well, sweety.

     
  • At 5:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home