nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Photos, evidence of progress.

Firstly baby progress, this photo was taken at 29 weeks, 5 days. The bump is really getting somewhere now. The thing that really gets me is that I have another 2 months to go, bub has to a bit more than double in size between now and then. I'm going to be huge! Not that I mind much, I love my bump and I seem to have hit on a clothes pattern that really suits me, I feel prettier than I have in a while.
This is what our dining table looks like these days. I can clear some space in the middle for us to eat if I have to, but mostly it's my work space these days. On the right you can see the snap press that I borrow. Mr b^3 managed to pull a muscle helping me to put snaps on the nappies, it takes a bit of force to use, but it beats using a hammer hands down. On the right is the binder that I keep all of my children's patterns in. I have separate binders for different categories of patterns with each pattern piece in a separate plastic sleeve. This is one of the few areas of my life where I am super organised but if I weren't, my patterns would get destroyed so it's well worth the extra effort.
A nappy! Finished! Look at those snaps, the bright colours, the well set elastic, all in a tiny newborn size.
32 finished nappies, oh yes, oh my! All washed and ready to be put away. I was beginning to get sick of them by the end, but they're all done. Half are a newborn size and the other half are the next size up so I should have enough to last until the bub is at least 6 months old. I still need to make stuffers for them but I'm still mulling over what would be best for that.
I did have a photo of the clothes I've made but that didn't seem to make it. To cross of the list are 4 short t-shirts, 1 long t-shirt, 2 short onsies and 1 short pair of overalls.

It's almost 33 degrees outside and it's only 11.30 am. I'm beginning to appreciate the particular conditions of being this pregnant though the summer - flake out, keep hydrated and try to get through. Fortunately I get the splint off my finger tomorrow and I can go swimming after that, I can't wait.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those nappies look lovely and colourful. Happy nappy :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home