nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sewing

Yesterday I finished as much nappy sewing as I can do until I next can borrow a snap press from a friend.  Just in time, I was begining to get sick of them.  I've mostly finished 28 nappies with only another 5 to go when the press comes my way again.  This means I can move to the next lot of sewing to do - baby clothes.  I'm planning to make in the smallest sizes 
-3 short overalls
-1 long overalls
-4 short envelope t-shirts
-2 long envelope t-shirts
-4 short onsies
-2 long onsies
The pattern I have for the t-shirst and overalls seems pretty roomy, even in the XXS newborn size, whereas the onsies pattern looks smaller so I'll make more of them in the larger sizes.  The larger stuff will also have to balance out winter coming.  I'm guesstimating how much we'll need of everything, but hopefully it will be enough.  Thus far I have one pair of short overalls made this morning.

Ironing beckons for my afternoon activities, but first I'm off to pre-natal yoga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home