nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Monday, October 30, 2006

The last two stairs are just as important as the first two

Hi all,

This is Robert doing a spot of guest blogging while nellie is typing impaired.

First of all, I should say that the pregnancy still progresses and the baby is fine. Nellie, on the other hand (a somewhat inappropriate statement), has broken the little finger on her left hand.

I shall attempt to recount the story in reverse order.

Today nellie underwent surgery to pull the broken bone back into position and have a wire inserted to hold it into position. The wire will get removed in 4 weeks. The surgery was done using local anaesthetic (specifically a Bier block), as the anaesthetist was not willing to go with general.

The weekend was spent up at my parents' place in Newcastle. I had to drive both ways, and so I am still very tired from the experience.

On Thursday last week, nellie fell over at uni after parking the car at my workplace. I was already at work, having rode in early to get some study done. I was able to run over to see how she was, before collecting the car and taking her to hospital. This happened at a bit before 9am, and after visiting both public hospitals in the ACT. I was back at work not long after 2pm. An injured pregnant woman gets seen to quickly in an emergency department.

Some photos will be posted in the next few days once I get the camera's USB cable back off my sister-in-law.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home