nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Monday, March 05, 2007

The other side.

Her name is Penelope Anne. Her entrance into the world wasn't the easiest, but she is adorable. The short version of her birth is induction, waters broken, Syntocyn drip and posterior labor, epidural, get through 13 hours of labor only for her to get stuck at the very end and end up with an emergency c-section. In the next couple of days I'll write up a more detailed birth story for those who are interested and so I have a record before my memory goes.
I'm not going to be doing uni this year after all. I'm not sure if I mentioned it here but I was planning on starting my Dip.Ed in secondary education this year. I was supposed to start classes last week, but while we were in hospital, I decided to pass on the nervous breakdown. If she was a couple of months old, I think I could do it, but I'm not going to try and kill myself by doing uni with a newborn. Plus I want to enjoy her now, she's the most important thing I have now.
Sorry this is a bit disjoint, but I wanted to give an rough outline of what has been going on. There will be more detail later.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hooray! A beautiful little girl! Well done.
    Love roe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home