nellieknits

Where I ramble and tell complete strangers about my life. It will probably include knitting.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Growing baby

For the first time, Penelope has some things that are now too small for her. There were two really cute bodysuits that some friends of ours bought while they were in the USA, but they only fit up to 4.5 kg and she now is 4.7 kg as of last Tuesday. The biggest thing though is that she's grown out of the smallest size nappies that I made for her. I didn't really expect them to last much more than a month and that's pretty much how long they lasted. She's now in the next size up, thank heavens that I made them ahead of time. These should last a while, until she's about 6 months old with any luck. I haven't made any of the next biggest size yet, don't even have the fabric yet, so I have to get a move on with it. I'm going to get some really girly PUL for the next set, there's some great stuff at NappiesCovered.
I've actually been able to get some sewing done lately. Penelope's dedication is this Sunday and I've made her a dress for it out of fabric leftover from making my wedding dress. It's a pretty simple design, I took a jacket pattern, shortened it and added a gathered skirt. I'm almost finished, just hemming and buttons to go. I have a huge collection of buttons, but I don't know if I have what I want for the dress. I really hope I do, because the local sewing stores have really dismal button selections and the nearest Spotlight is in Queanbeyan and I've already driven out there once this week.
Mr b^3's mother R was down for a couple of days this week, which was really nice. She hadn't seen Penelope since we were in the hospital after she was born. The first night R was here Penelope performed a magic trick and slept through the night, from 11pm to 5.20am. She hasn't done it again, but I wouldn't expect her to. It's quite a feat for a baby to sleep through at five weeks. Funnily, I felt worse after that night than after the night before when she was up for a feed at 3am. Then again when she has a feed at 3am, she can usually be relied upon to sleep until past 6am instead of forcing you up at just past 5am.
I'm not really looking forward to the end of daylight savings this weekend. Penelope shouldn't be too affected because she's got blockout curtains. I don't though, so I'm not sure if I will be able to get back to sleep when the sun rises at 5.30am instead of 6.30am.
The girl is waking, so I'll stop here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home